Because EDI document trading is asynchronous, monitoring the status of your Transactions effectively is crucial. This document will explain how to monitor the status of a Transaction using Orderful's API.
When you send a Transaction to Orderful via our API, we will return an
HTTP 200 status code if we were able to create the Transaction. Once the Transaction has been created in our system, it must be validated, delivered, and acknowledged.
For more information about the different possible statuses and how they flow, see Transaction statuses.
To check the statuses of a Transaction via Orderful's API, send a request to the Get a Transaction endpoint. This will return the Transaction object, which will include the following three fields:
"validationStatus": "STATUS_HERE", "deliveryStatus": "STATUS_HERE", "acknowledgmentStatus": "STATUS_HERE",
You can monitor the status of your Transaction by calling this API and checking the values of these fields.
It's recommended to perform this check every 10 seconds until a new validation status appears or until one minute has elapsed.
- If Processing: Continue monitoring.
- If Invalid: Halt the process. See Fix an Invalid Transaction for more information.
- If Valid: Proceed to monitor the delivery status.
To monitor the delivery status, perform checks every 5 minutes for a period of 24 hours.
- If Pending or Sent: Continue monitoring.
- If Failed: Check your email. Orderful will send a notification providing detailed instructions for the next steps to take. See Transaction delivery success and failure for more information about what this status means for each type of Communication Channel.
- If Delivered: Proceed to monitor the acknowledgment status. See Transaction delivery success and failure for more information about what this status means for each type of Communication Channel.
As with the delivery status, acknowledgment status should be checked every 5 minutes for 24 hours.
- If Accepted: You can cease monitoring. The transaction has been validated, delivered and acknowledged.
- If Overdue: Contact your Trading Partner and confirm that they have received and acknowledged the Transaction.
- If Accepted with Errors or Rejected: Check your email for a notification from Orderful. This notification will guide you through the subsequent steps necessary to resolve the situation.
Updated 17 days ago